搜尋此網誌 SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, June 28, 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON 1958 - 2009

The news of Michael's passing still shocks me. I wish it was just a bad joke but the constant reminders of his death from various media tell me that this is real and not a dream or a bad joke. I have to admit that it upsets me knowing this musical genius just died too early and unexpectedly. Michael's music is still my most favourite among western pop. I am glad that his vinyl records are still with us. His songs spread across different continents and cultures. I am listening to his songs again and I still love them after all these years. His unique singing style,  singing voice, and choreography always impress me.












In a way,  I also feel sorry for him giving up his freedom, childhood and his happiness for ours. His childhood must have been a very difficult one, having to constantly meet high expectations from the fans and the 'strict disciplinarian'  father, and not to be able to live a life of a regular child. There aren't too many people that inspire me but Michael would be an exception. There are many speculations on his relationships with children but I personally think that he just tried to recapture what he never had. I guess all the fame and achievements do come with a price.


There is a song sung by Michael and Freddy Mercury. I wonder why all great artists left us so early..............Candle twice as bright burns half as long~~~~~


My most favourite Michael's song is not Thriller , or Smooth Criminal or Beat It but ...................


.................................... Ben, just a sweet song......... it is ironically that the lyrics says: "....... I'll never been alone..........".


Who took Michael?? I don't know, maybe the various drugs prescribed by his numerous doctors over the years......or by those who take advantage of celebrities .......................or by the fans, the admirations, the expectations;  the fame and success finally took him. Well, at least, he could rest now, no more mental and physical pain, no more full-filling expectations..............

You never miss someone until that someone is gone forever.......

This year has not been good to me. Two of my favourites are gone - Bea Arthur and Michael. Estelle Getty left us last year.

Rest in peace, Michael, you shall be greatly missed, your music will always be played in my heart~~~~~


 


 


1 comment:

  1. 人都癲, 雖然早死會更成為傳奇, 但係佢太好啦, 佢忽然離去, 佢好似未開心過已經要死, 真係好傷感
    [版主回覆06/29/2009 01:30:00]5歲就開始要上台。 失去童年。 成人身體,心理只有十歲. 長期只受傾慕, 沒有真正的朋友, 會有寂寞............ 早死多數都是同醫生亂給藥有關 外國醫生信不過.

    ReplyDelete