搜尋此網誌 SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

BEN E KING DIES AT 76

Once again, I can't believe it, it happens again. Every time I listen to some old tunes after all this time, then search  the net to find out what happen to these artists, they all passed away a few days ago. This is getting errie~~~

Last time was Joe Cocker and Toto bassist Mike Porcaro.

Ben E King , famous for the song Stand By Me which I was listening to, died of Coronary problems at Hackensack University Medical Center , Hackensack Bergen County,  New Jersey on 30th April, 2015. He is survived by his wife of 51 years, Betty.

He was still active touring in England (2013) and doing concerts in the States (2014).

I don't pretend to know much about him, so I can't write much;  I just like his classic voice.

For my blog readers from the States, if you are in New Jersey, funeral Service will be held on the 7th May, 2015 at 10 am , Community Baptist Church , Englewood , New Jersey.

http://www.beneking.info/

He looks like Richard Pryer in this video.




 

Conincidentally , I just find out that Tracy Chapman sang his song Stand By Me in David Letterman  on the 17th April, 2015  (presumably , I go by the upload date of the video on Late Night with David Letterman channel on Youtube). Of course, she sang the song in her Tracy Chapman style. Well, at least Tracy Chapman is still alive , getting a bit white on the head though.

Got to dig up their vinyl records from the boxes and listen to them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment