搜尋此網誌 SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, July 8, 2018

THAI TEENAGERS RESCUE FROM CAVE


UPDATE :   It has been reported that now , ALL 12 teenagers ARE rescued. CNN has reported that the coach is also recsued , so EVERYONE is rescued.

   I have been following the news of Thai teenagers being stranded in the cave. I am so glad that now EVERYONE is safe.


   The whole operation has many high risk factors, the big one is oxygen level, the second one is water level (as much as 5 meters deep, so it requires diving, many of the teenagers do not know how to swim, so this ithe first time they dive) . The rising water level also depletes the amount of breathable oxygen. Thirdly , obviously, there is  lack of light in the cave; even with lights , narrow passages make it very difficult to navigate.

UPDATE : The reason why they have to stop the rescue operation now , not because it is night time in Thailand (the cave passageway is going to be dark anyway), it is because they have to replenish the oxygen tanks along the cave passageway . These oxygen tanks ensure the teenagers the supply of oxygen when they are travelling along the passageway. 

UPDATE : The rescue operation has resumed . Same divers are employed . I really hope they can get the rest of the football team out today.













 The "choke" point is the most dangerous part of the journey . It is a narrow passageway with a sharp " U " turn.

 My greatest worry is the anxiety caused by navigating through this narrow passageway under no visibility condition , totally relying on the professional divers to guide their way . This is especially true for the youngest members of the football team.

 Two divers are employed for each journey , one  leads the way , the other provides the safeguard.

  I have to say I have my own anxiety , I hope they all make it out safely.

  It is sunny (no rain) today in Thailand , so it helps the rescue operation. I hope the rain can be held off for several more days so that the rescue can be completed smoothly.




 The Thai football team - Wild Boars. That's why the facebook page says "2 days , 8 boars".  I hope all remaining "boars" will be saved tomorrow.

ccc












































I pray pray pray for the remaining teenagers being rescued and a happy ending to this ordeal..........

Let's not forget the diver Saman Gunan (38 years old, former Thai Navy Seal) who died trying to rescue the teenagers......

R.I.P. our hero @ >> --- 




   As I said earlier, I hope this has a happy ending and one of the teenagers can get his fried chicken meal with his uncle. All of the teenagers are football players , I hope they all have the chance to watch the World Cup final.

   If there is such thing as God/Buddha, please just delay the rain for at least several days......



No comments:

Post a Comment