搜尋此網誌 SEARCH THIS BLOG

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Wabi-Sabi Modern Japanese Inspired Small Home

  Wabi-Sabi (侘寂) is the world view on the acceptance of transcience and imperfection. This characterizes asymmetry, simplicity, austerity , intimacy, economy and the appreciation of natural objects.

   This house is characterized with irregular shapes and styled with modern Japanese house design. It is rare to see this type of house in Vancouver , Canada. I guess Bryce is still touring around British Columbia , Canada.

   I like the overall design of this house. It is small by western standard (about 600 square feet) but it is a regular sized house in most areas in Asia. Like the owner, I like the natural brightness in the house , the brightness effect is also amplified by the white interior. I also like the "cloudy" windows which allow the presence of both privacy and brightness in the living space. Both the living room and kitchen are large. Even though the bathroom has no bath tub and is narrow,  it is still a nicely designed bathroom. The limited space in the bathroom is used optimally with the washroom machine / dryer hidden in the closet. The bedroom is comfortably large. I guess she is sharing the bed with her mother. I can totally understand why she wants to be close with aging mother. She can attend to her needs. I have an ailing mother myself , so I totally appreciate her living arrangement with her mother.

  The only complaint that I have is the lack of guest room but it is understandable, giving the limited space available.

  The lack of lawn area is actually a plus for me , no money being wasted in buying gas/petrol for the lawnmower and general lawn maintenance ; also, less bugs!! I like the garden though, something that most people can enjoy the gardening without being stressed out doing the work for a large garden.



2 comments: